PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 21:23
pilotmike

Received 73 Likes on 21 Posts
We must wonder why, when so many people are so scrupulous to edit out any material which might portray T C-T in a poor light from her Wiki page, are those same people apparently happy for lies such as this to remain:
the biplane was similar to Lady Heath's in size and design, but had some improvements such as... & GPS navigation system for use in controlled airspaces only (legal requirement).[11]
A GPS is not required in controlled airspace. And the criteria used for all the over-zealous pruning of statements which don't heap praise on her, ie, that the comment must be referenced to a reputable source, must similarly have to apply here, as there is no such reference to the (false) claim stating that she was effectively forced to carry a very good GPS only for use in controlled airspace in order to remain legal. And why the need for such compliance with the law in order for the GPS to be onboard the plane with her, when she has openly bragged about countless other instances of ignoring procedure, including but not limited to low flying, flying below VMC minima, flying into prohibited zones etc, from the very references that her supporters on Wiki insist are quoted:
“I ignored procedure,” she admits, eyes twinkling. “The place was deserted, so I just flew through the gorge. I was hauled over the coals by air traffic control for two hours.
“I begged forgiveness.... There was another time in Uganda, when I flew into a prohibited zone... I ended up over the president’s house. By the time I landed, there was a summons to the tower and they tried to impound the plane. I said, 'That’s ridiculous...' "

Along with all the other at best dubious claims - many others of which are believed to be completely untrue, is it not time for those with knowledge and access to reliable references to give her whole Wiki page the thorough (P)PRuNe it needs and deserves?