PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Period pains, can you use medication?
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2003, 06:10
Gerund

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flyin'Dutch'

I think the interpretation of (25) is: Of the Non Steroid Anti Inflammatories, some of the newer drugs such as Mobic can be acceptable in certain conditions. ie the older ones are not acceptable.

Part of my murky past dealt with legal interpretation.

This would fit in with aspirin being specifically mentioned as allowable at 75mg/day under certain conditions, aspirin also being an anti inflammatory. I think you will find this leaves ibuprofen out in the cold.

Lot of old nonsense if you ask me. Coffee and tea both have significant pharmacological actions, and nicotine? But it is one of those lovely cases of it being almost impossible to legislate against recreational drugs that have been socially acceptable for years. Alcohol is a notable exception probably due to the major and very noticeable effects.

As it seems one has to pay to get the JAR medical CATS, I reckon it is reasonable to keep taking aspirin for a headache until they distribute the relevant bits for free, and explain why an aspirin is worse than twenty cups of coffee, and a quick fag.