PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 14:11
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'll admit it's a very odd question but:

it's BA's trainset so if you want the job you better come up with an answer.
Just about sums it up.

Unfortunately BA are not going to pay to put every applicant through a sim on day one so that those that can fly an outside loop, engine out can display their wares. Given numbers "HR" (or their outsourced recruiters if applicable) are going to put a pretty fine net on the pre sim no-tech filters.

For the unaware BA do make a very big deal out of their Diversity and Inclusion policy (going as far as having on some suitably selected line pilots pretty much on call to offer advice on the subject) so I'd suggest whether you think the question stinks or not if you're appying it's a case of "forewarned is forearmed....."

john smith:

BA is a British Airline. I can't think of many places worse to visit that Saudi, but in the event I ever had to go there, I'd be pretty irritated if the airline refused to serve alcohol or pork products to avoid offending cultural sensibilities.
You may well be irritated, I would as well, but as Max rightly says says booze is served on Saudi flights...

What a sad state of affairs that a once great British institution has allowed itself to descend to this.
Descend to what? I'd have thought having an policy which fundamentally boils down to: talk to people and treat people as you would wish to be talked to/treated yourself is a good thing.

In many ways it's like other formerly state run organisations (see the BBC, inter alia).
Oh no it's not...I can promise you any idea of BA being run like the BBC went out of the window the day Bob Ayling left.

Last edited by wiggy; 23rd Oct 2016 at 15:00.