PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling Nick Lappos - Blade Stall
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 08:28
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
megan
"The aerofoil on a Tiger Moth has an MCRIT, but it's of absolutely no concern to anybody"
Great news! I guess that means you do understand it now? and just can't see its relevance?
You don't have to find it interesting. but I propose step 1 understand the point step 2 work out if there are interesting implications

dcl/da's post understanding it and going on to point out the intersting implications is useful reading in terms of determining whether it is interesting.
i would not have chosen to open so many other fronts in the implications, but then I have to fight hard to get points past my stalker.
but yes
"The proposition ultimately leads to a concept that any rotor is self-limiting in flap allowing any amount of blade pitch to be applied at whatever Nr% and the physics just takes care of it as CLmax is always reached at approximately the same angle, close enough that it doesn't matter. "

that's slightly extreme but it is the nature of the physics, and then the POWER AVAILABLE would in practice most often become the limiting factor (as NLappos rightly says) which is why we rarely look for this as the limiting factor,

normally if you pull harder than UCA the energy is just washed out by the additional drag and so helicopters generally have very docile characteristics in the extremes (with lot's of fatiguing vibration)
but to go back to the begining:

you do see quite a few of these accidents where UCA has been reached and so increased pitch rate does not help the pilot (xept to wash off energy)

megan I guess it would be interesting to some of the pilots who not knowing this have crashed ?

{{{{{ Crab only Crab such a shame that you are allowed to degrade debate here
"even I, who greatly enjoys pricking your pomposity whenever it rears its ugly head, have tired of your pointless, circular arguments."

Crab self appointed judge of pomposity! Circular arguements!!! 90% of which are to address your pointless and stupid goading how much time did you waste on your pointless parallax? no body else has to contend with this level of moronic and insincere deliberate sabotage. You either understand the point or not, whether you think it is interesting or not is opinion you are welcome to. "I, who greatly enjoys pricking your pomposity" the reason that you are upset is that over the last 10yrs you have repeated demonstrated that you have an IQ problem stalking me on any topic just try re-reading your (Crabs) post in this thread very little content mostly insult }}}}}

Crab pops up everywhere I do, just trying to pop away, continuously demonstrating his moronic MO total waste of time