PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 06:26
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
This from one of my informants

Her speech was typical TCT. "I've just got back from China where we're going to be reaching out....empowering women..... I am trying to encourage women into aviation which your own demographics show you need.

Where are the youngsters here? Where are the women?"

Really just a load of waffle along the same lines however.......her attempt at the sympathy card was to say that this was all the result of an internet campaign by mainly Sam Rutherford and Jay Sata. She said something like "I don't personally engage in social media....my PR people do that.." She's on Facebook, Twitter, LinkdIn plus of course her own website. Clearly she doesn't do social media.

Oh, and apparently Sam and Jay and others have "manipulated my Wikipedia page...". Apparently it's all been reported to the Metropolitan Police.

There really wasn't much else from lots of outreaching, all irrelevant to the matter in hand.She did take the time to say she did the flight to the Cape "...with crew, I've never made any claims about not doing this with a crew...".
So there we have it...a solo flight with crew

I hope to have more information later but although early afternoon where I am it is still early morning in the UK.

If she has been in China trying to encourage women pilots then she has left it a bit late.

China's Air Force has been training female pilots for six decades. But women flying one of the world's most lethal fighter jets are a fairly recent development – and they’re breaking barriers. Reporter Han Bin was given rare access to the four female fighter pilots, who are conquering the skies with their skill and determination.
http://english.cctv.com/2016/08/01/V...MA160801.shtml