PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KingAir crash near Chigwell?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Oct 2016, 03:35
Intrance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have no personal knowledge of the company, aircraft or pilots involved in this crash. I just happened upon this thread while browsing and read the report and comments here.

Some of them mirror experiences I had in my first commercial flying job for a small company. They were even employing the same kind of tactics with a separate defect reporting system to avoid AOG situations if it was put in the tech log. I very much understand and have felt the pressures involved when you have nothing else to fall back on and have financial obligations to meet. And yet I still fully agree with the remark Small Cog made about having a backbone.

If you stay with a company out of fear for losing your job if you do something the right way, I'd suggest you need to do some thinking about your future, as nothing good can come from that. And certainly don't fool yourself into thinking that 'enduring that regime' means that you have a backbone or are a "Professional". You know which standards should be met but you deliberately not meet them yourself, and then blame it all on the company being rotten. Been there, done that, learned from it, took control (I quit that company with nothing else lined up or any other form of income to pay of my loans), moved on.