PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2016, 22:11
hillbillyholiday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by clareprop
I think they are wasting their time playing around with it now - just delaying the inevitable. Once the LAA minutes are out the story will gather pace and the broadsheets will have to print something. As I understand (from about twenty pages or so ago on this thread) that is the level of reporting needed by the busy souls who populate Wikipedia.
Hello again. Your friendly Wikipedia spokesman here.

Yes, the busy souls have indeed seen the new controversy section! Although it is unsourced, I for one am content to let it stand, "verifiability" be damned! It's not like I get paid to patrol Wikipedia's super-duper online defamation service. No doubt someone will be along shortly with the dustpan and brush.

As I said previously, she probably wasn't notable enough for an entry, but those sources celebrating her "solo" flight would've made it hard to delete. Now of course, she has clearly demonstrated her notoriety ... by being the first person in British aviation history to ever have a prestigious aviation award rescinded.[citation_needed]

Once a decent source is found for all this, her article, and in particular that stain on her career, can't be scrubbed for love nor money. For all of time.

There is, I should think, a moral here somewhere.

By the way, if there's any lingering suspicion that I am working on behalf of TCT, please see this edit to Amy Johnson's article from a few weeks ago:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...ldid=740773218

Last edited by hillbillyholiday; 22nd Oct 2016 at 22:26.