PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian or Flydubai?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2016, 09:48
Flyoveriraq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ET is not a bad company to work for...i knew some skippers there and they stayed even if they could get a job back home..
The only crappy thing is that during training you won't get your salaty until released on the line....well you'll only get meal and housing allowances (approx 2.500 USD) and after being released on the line, they will give you back those salaries in 6 installments..which to me is unacceptable....ah and this happens also if you are fully qualified and recent on the aircraft. For B777 for example, they send you to paris to do a full type rating, and you will be actually bonded for that.
Line training nowadays can last forever, as they are short of instructor and further more it seems that you need to be trained/checked on the whole network covered by the fleet....
this means 3-4 months without a paycheck....
by the way i read on the news that numerous clashes are happening around the city due to the ethnic issues between the ruling guys (5% ) and the rest of the population (95%)....and a worsening of this situation is expect....maybe somebody who is there can shed some light on what is going on..
regards
FOI