PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No Speed
Thread: No Speed
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2003, 03:29
bagpuss lives

Manchesters Most Wanted PPRuNer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed - I think my post was very very specific.

Nowhere in it did I say I, or any of my colleagues, were careless about noise and it's environmental impacts.

I was referring directly to people who live in very close proximity to an airport - I'm talking on the final approach and initial climb out tracks only - who move in long long after the airfield has been built - and then complain very very regularly about noise expecting some form of compensation or retribution.

Personally I'm all too aware of the lengths and measures that Manchester for example go to to allieviate (as much as is practical) the amount of noise and pollution affecting local residents. Just ask anyone in Knutsford how quiet it is when we're on 24L departures and a 747 zips off on a HONILEY SID - created for the sole purpose of noise abatement.

In short - as long as we have airports and air traffic in general there will be noise pollution. All we can do is try to *safely* lessen it's impact on those that live round and about.

Moving into a property with approach lighting in your back garden and then complaining about the noise isn't really "on" though is it?

That was my one and only point.