PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2016, 18:46
back.of.class

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Differences between CPL and MPL have been widely discussed on Pprune basically MPL = flight training in ME aircraft then 6 months in a simulator training according to airline SOP's.
What happens if you don't get offered a placement with Easyjet after the 26 weeks of ground school? Could you end up paying circa 120k on the integrated atpl course to then end up with nothing to show for it if Easyjet don't want you?

From what I can see this a great way for CTC to get more people through the back door into their whitetail route, if you fail to make the grade after ground school ( at a cost of £5-6K) they will most likely encourage you to complete your training (because they have such great links you're practically guaranteed a placement) at a cost of £95K plus expenses. You will then enter a holding pool that you may or may not drown in and don't forget that TR fee of £30-40K

Exercise great caution when making final decisions that involve that much money. Remember you are a customer they are sales men/women they will tell you what you want to hear (within reason) to get your money.

Last time I checked most pilots couldn't afford new Bentley's and RR's but CTC management can.