PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2016, 12:09
Lancelot de boyles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thrush
Compass Testing is a waste of time.
It may well be, like most of these 'fancy' HR oriented assessment gizmos. However, they still need to be completed. I can't really remember what it (compass)was about, but it wasn't particularly difficult (I passed!)

These 'testing' methods are something of a lazy fix for;

-HR folks/amateurs masquerading as aviation professionals, with little knowledge of what they are actually looking for. Let's face it, you hardly want experienced & competent pilots choosing who should join
-Filtering the potentially huge application numbers, but with a poor understanding of what they might be missing (i.e. Experienced pilots who may not be so modern computer savvy)

Regarding OSM
I find them to be utterly incompetent, and arrogant with it. They'll frequently not return phone calls, screw up your salary and holiday calculations, and even screw up whether you work there or not.
They have an external payroll company who willingly ignore information or instructions from HMRC (U.K.) in an effort to do as little as possible, leaving you to resolve the mess they make.

Such a shame that Norwegian presented such a promising outlook, and then comprehensively ruined it, in the never ending chase for diminishing returns.

On the upside, they're not alone in this regard