PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Almost a repeat of Tenerife at Shanghai!
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 23:16
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confusion "rains" sic (reigns) he said.

I get the impression from some of the posts here, that having access to the original post #1 quoting the "Aviation Herald", and the subsequent CAAC report, that two issues are evident. Firstly there seems some confusion between the use of the English masculine nominative singular word "he", and the surname title of the A320 captain, namely "He". Secondly, parts of the quoted CAAC report are somewhat limited by the "Chinglish" issue.... forgiveable... but there non the less.
Those looking at the Aerodrome Chart in post #1 for ZSSS Shanghai/Hongqiao may note that there are 4 nominated "Hot spots" (as shown as "HS1, HS2....etc). A "Hot spot" is a location on the airport where previous incidents or possible confusion has/may occur. I note that the place where this incident occurred is at "HS2". Possible confusion being that taxyway "H4" is not a straight line. A landing aircraft on RWY36R and vacating left on "H4" for parking at terminal West of the runway complex, would (could) be instructed to "vacate H4 left, then left on B, then right on H4, and hold short (or cross) RWY36L. Sounds like too much confusing bull**** to me. Me...ATC for 43 years