PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 21:33
BatteryMaster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cannot control what other people say about what I do, whether it be in the media or otherwise.
Unless its bad press on an internet forum, of course.

TCT talks of the press 'misinterpreting' the flights as solo - in that case, I assume she'll be able to provide a full record of her contact with the relevant publications asking that the articles are corrected? As an aside, I noted articles regarding the recent Hardwick Mustang crash were quickly (and properly) adjusted to avoid untruths being spread - clearly getting corrections implemented is not a difficult task.

There are hundreds of questions that have been raised in this thread which it would be far better to see directly answered rather than talk of 'outreach' to attempt to explain the problem away.

A few key ones that spring to mind for me:

- If the intent was to readily present the expedition as a team affair all along, why did Ewald seem so camera-shy in Sydney?

- Why has confirmation about the support team only been formally recognised by TCT in statements following negative pressure from various corners of the aviation community?

- What percentage of the flights over the three trips were flown with Ewald onboard?

- If he wasn't helping with the flying in any way whatsoever, why is there such a need for an engineer to be onboard the Stearman as there are surely very few faults he would be able to fix in mid-air?

- What were you originally going to say on the R4 broadcast when you talked of "two..." and then changed to "the pilot"?