PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 19:38
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never sought to mislead anyone about the way that my flights were undertaken. It is clear from what I say about the Africa flight and subsequent expeditions that they were not solo flights and that I was accompanied by a support crew.
I disagree. From the photo of an award being presented, and held by TCT (post #1450), as correctly quoted in that post:

In the image the certificate clearly states ...
HONORARY MEMBERSHIP...
Tracey Curtis-Taylor
HER SOLO FLIGHT FROM THE UK TO SYDNEY AUSTRALIA

I believe issued very recently.
What action did TCT take to assure that the award stated correctly the accomplishment for which it was issued? Or, did TCT just accept an award, issued wrongly, and allow the issuer and all present to be misled?

For myself, for the few occasions where an award or accreditation has been issued to me with an error, I have withdrawn it from view, and asked that it be corrected, perhaps TCT would do the same? Even now?

If there were one isolated error/oversight, it would be of no importance to the pilot population. However, this ignorance/supression of the truth has been a regularly recurring theme with TCT, based upon the objective evidence presented in this thread alone.

I read the quoted passage from TCT as quite inadequate in clearing the air, in light of the objective information presented.