PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 820Sqn Sea King crash 1999 - photos?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 18:42
mat777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks chaps, I'm once again impressed by the connective pwoer of the internet!

Democritus - thats a lot more of a detailed report than I had found, strange to see that one does mention it falling over but the freely available ones dont.
I have penned a letter to the FAAOA, fingers crossed for a response.

Thomas - if you could find the photo that would be truly superb! After some googling from your post, I thought I had managed to track down Jamie Mitchell's email address online (firstname lastname at shell dot com) but having tried to send an email introducing myself, it has bounced back as unrecognised. Would you happen please to have a working contact address for him via PM at all?
Are you ex 820Sqn as well? Once the cockpit is finished and doing the rounds at shows, I would love to be able to meet any crew that flew on it in period and reunite them.

Al - I'm staying out of it

Anyway, forgot to add in my original posts - here's some pictures of 875's current state. We're hoping to have her externally finished (side windows, door, jet intakes and intake shield are all present and just need refitting after sprucing up) and mounted on a frame ready for cockpitfest next summer, before starting the long haul on the interior!