PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment > Retention
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 18:13
cidfast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure on which topic to post this, as all this topic-drifting blurs my mind.

This is addressed to my fellow EK mates and not the snot-nosed kids posting in various names on different treads. Some with the same IP addresses.

Now
Most of the regulars here are seniors and/or TRE’s
Why on earth would you take the time to respond to these snot-nosed brats.
Would the argon-welder tolerate back-chat from his apprentice?
Does the law under-graduate have any recognition?
Doctors treat interns with distain
The mining engineering student enters the lift last

These newbies are keen, like we were.
We were good enough to join the military and/or our national carriers, which we left to join EK – because EK WAS better. Even with those bloody red ties.
These kids are not good enough for that.
Let them be.

They like to post:
holding my face / I’m not looking at myself in the Volvo / I can dip a 20kg plate/ I finally have an oxy mask - which I struggle to use - and therefore sound like Darth Vader because I have not learnt not to breathe and transmit simultaneously (was that the real a/c?)/ My bicep in uniform / My bed in the sky / I’m not looking but I’m taking a pic of myself / I pretend to look at the back of the passenger-seat -headrest in the Volvo while I accidentally take a pic of……myself / my car / my stringvest …etc.

These are the interns / candidate officers / I’m so useless I have to pay for my flying / apprentice welders / blast certificate students

Give them time.
Let them join. Give them time to mature and have families. Then watch them complain.

Don’t see my family, I’m on a final warning for not arming the SpdBrk @ 1000’, I can’t get emergency leave to say goodbye to my father –because fleet wants the death certificate, I need to buy CAT C tickets back to DXB in case the flight goes Tech, my upgrade is delayed by 1 year because I missed a pick up, the DCP decided I’m not ready for command because of my attire at the interview, kids have 4 years of school before I can leave, can’t get timeoff to do an interview, a grade 2 reported me for sexual harassment when I asked for a coffee please “DARLING”, my wife left me…….yada yada

The EK pilot body figure is predicted at 5600-5800 (STC early 2015). Then no more – unless they order more a/c. (Not)
Let them join at #4300, let them jump in. They will not see a command for +/-10 years. Depending on how fast the guys above them leave……….and the age thing, if it is true.
HAHAHAHA

Last edited by cidfast; 21st Oct 2016 at 01:58. Reason: word spacing