PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 18:05
The Old Fat One

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tangential but human nature has been discussed and I thinking sweeping stereotypical generalisations about people, whatever they do, are slightly absurd.

However...some years back a business I was MD (and shareholder) off was subjected to a considerable loss because of the actions of a ego-mad self publicising, so-called "award - winning" businesswoman. Basically, in old money a suited up con-artist.

As luck would have it (no details will be supplied) I had it within my grasp to kick her firmly where it hurts (in her ego) because I had "the keys to the vault".

She immediately lawyered up and hit me with some pretty vicious stuff. But since it would have been the business that would have suffered, in the almost totally unlikely event she followed through, I would have been personally immune, therefore I was on the verge of calling her bluff.

And then I thought of my responsibility to my employees and did what almost any good business owner would do and let it go.

I have to tell you I have regretted that decision ever since. It is not often in life you get to hold such a person to account and as businesslike as my decision was, I wish I had gone the other way.

Just a wee tale for the thread. No hidden meaning whatsoever.