PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 12:29
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if you feel so strongly about this matter, why did you not join the LAA so that you could vote?
I feel strongly about TCT misleading, and repeatedly, over a long period, seeking self aggrandizement, including identifying herself with privilege she has not earned. I do not feel strongly about the HCAP, or LAA. Indeed, I had never heard of the HCAP until this topic included it. To me, the HCAP, and LAA are on the slippery slope to embarrass themselves, but that is theirs to do, with one thought:

I understand that the LAA is the "regulator" of certified aircraft in the UK? (I stand to be corrected on that, I'm not in the UK). In a role in which participation [in the LAA] becomes mandatory for a person because of the aircraft they have chosen to operate, I think that the LAA bears more responsibility for objectivity.

Were participation in the LAA be completely optional to everyone, I would see their business as entirely voluntary and private - if a person does not care to participate or agree, they are not required to. However, if people must participate and support the LAA for non certified aircraft operation, (which in and of itself seems a great idea), perhaps the LAA leadership should be more cautious about making awards in the name of the organization, and this it's members - who might not agree.

The awards are largely "tempest in a teapot" stuff, but there is s principle of honour to be maintained here the pride in doing something well. Knowing amateur aircraft builders as I do, there is an excellent sense of pride and honour in that segment of GA. Having a poser Walter Mitty claim a dishonorably awarded accolade from the LAA dishonours all other members.

As for TCT getting lawyer'd up, that's going to be fun to watch from the sidelines! Where most people would have accepted her making a few clear retractions, and stepping back quietly, she instead seems poised to take this to the next level, and distort the meaning of more otherwise pretty clear words!