PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 09:24
lookleftandenvy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello fellow aviators. First and foremost I like to thank everyone for the very detailed and informative contribution to this thread. Started out from page 1 and am halfway to page 126.

1)Could anyone give me an insight to the current success rate in landing a job as an FO here? I am willing to work hard, follow the rules and adapt to the local culture. I am aware this is a first generation glass cockpit and would need some getting used to coming from speed and altitude tapes.

2)(Touchy question) I am of Chinese descendent, (english is my first language). Would this be an issue in terms of discrimination as going through the first 60 pages of this thread , I understand there aren't many(or none) crew here from south east asia. The purpose of my question is just to understand the culture and will everyone be given a fair shot.

3)There was a part of the thread that mentions about almost every other guy on the upgrade program failing. Is the failure rate still high? Understand it's about 5 years to being offered an upgrade.

Thank you all and have a pleasant day ahead.

Ps: Saw the press release that the A380s will be taking over the HNL runs come 2019... ):

Last edited by lookleftandenvy; 16th Nov 2016 at 09:02.