PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2016, 08:02
nighthawk117

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not sure but doesn't it just mean that Ryanair are paying a total of £1.00 per passenger or thereabouts?
You only pay fees on departing passengers, so half the passenger figure (assuming everyone who leaves, comes back). The airport is therefore making £2 per passenger.

However, as per the airports fees, they should be charging £13 per passenger

The advertised rates are rarely what the airlines actually pay at airports. Given the very competitive market place of airports around Europe who want to attract airlines to place their aircraft, makes the challenge even greater for the likes of PIK, hence the low rates suggested. The airports mostly make their money from the car parking facilities and the retail outlets in their terminals....
Yes, this is true. Most airport fee lists show that based aircraft receive a 30-50% discount, and new routes often benefit from discounted rates for the first 3 years also. There may also be other discounts negotiated by the airlines.

However, as per my calculations, Ryanair are receiving 90% discounts, which is a huge sum.

I've made a Freedom Of Information request to see if they will give a similar breakdown of the airports costs between passenger/freight/general expenses.