PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 20th Oct 2016, 07:02
Geoffersincornwall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mel

A very appropriate observation.

What does that say about the regulator's position in this conundrum? It would seem to be a thankless task. I wonder if they were aware that there were two different quality gearwheels in service? If not, should they have known? Were AH as open about the situation as they should have been?

Some might suggest that passengers have been sacrificed on the alter of commercial expedience.

I would join TipCap in being happy that I don't have to fly the line any more. Life as a pilot is getting ever more complex with RNP, PBN, LVP, CDFA, TCAS II, EGPWS-30, ADS-B all adding to future intellectual demands when training budgets are increasingly under pressure and our helicopters becoming more and more complex. Add to that any lack of confidence in our ability to arrive in one piece and I wonder if the pilots of tomorrow are going to be as enthusiastic as I was when I signed up to jollying around the oggin day and night, fair weather and foul, chasing submarines in a single engine Wessex at 150 feet?

Ah well......

G.

Last edited by Geoffersincornwall; 20th Oct 2016 at 07:30. Reason: added info