PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2016, 15:19
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Interesting AK7274.
Why are other people's credentials important to you? Is there a certain level of professional competence required to highlight the sham nature of her "journey"?

I am happy to give you an insight into why I am following this very closely:

*I am a retired RN/RAF officer - I worked bloody hard to earn my commissions.
*I was trainee aircrew and didn't make the grade - I was gutted when told I would not get my wings, again working bloody hard to attempt it.
*My son is a pilot - he worked bloody hard to earn the right to wear his brevet and losing two close friends in the process - a right bastard of a wake-up call to a 20 year old.
*I too was suckered into this story from almost day one; thinking it was a fantastic solo achievement I now feel I am a mug for believing it.
*I know many pilots and navigators worthy of high accolades but they have probably missed out as TCT has stolen the limelight and now has certainly soured it for future feats of aviation.
*The more I dug, the more I realised it was all a fantasy, the more I hear TCT speak the more I feel like vomiting.
*Finally we have groups like HCAP and the LAA who were also suckered into this but now seem to lack the balls to do the right thing and set the records straight.

Whatever happens on Saturday will set the way forward. If the vote is that the award remains then so be it, but that will undermine every other future award issued by them.

Hope that helps
SWB