PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 19th Oct 2016, 15:06
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
I have evidence Bird in a Biplane Ltd and Tracey Curtis Taylor's lawyers are now trying to shut down any discussion of her exploits on the basis we all got it wrong.

Ms Curtis-Taylor has never sought to mislead anyone about
the way that her flights were undertaken.

By way of example, this is immediately apparent,from watching the documentary made about her 2013 flight.
Whenever she is interviewed in it, she repeatedly refers to “we”, “we’re”, “everyone” and “everybody”. In a number ofshots, it is obvious that there is someone sitting in the cockpit in front of her.

Finally, the DVD extras feature short films in which others are flying with her.

When it has come to herattention that certain statements made on her behalf, eg on her website, may be misinterpreted, she has taken prompt steps to correct them.

Further, none of the awards referred to above were given to Ms Curtis-Taylor on the basis that her flights were undertaken alone.
'Never sought to mislead' .
What does this picture taken at the Boeing Museum of Flight in Seattle earlier this year suggest?

Now here is the reason the expensive lawyers justify non discussion of the Spirit of Artemis.

Ms Curtis-Taylor’s sincere hope is that this letter will be taken in the spirit in which it is
intended - as a reasonable warning to you in the circumstances to desist forthwith in your
actions, and that it will put an end to this matter. It is not in anybody’s interests for this
campaign to continue.
In other words she wants closure?

Can I just suggest a statement saying 'Unlike Lady Mary Heath and Amy Johnson The Bird in the Biplane had a bloke in the the cockpit!'

That is how the tabloids will write it.

Advice to expensive lawyers...when in a hole,stop,digging.

In all my post I have always listed sources so it would be unfair to post the above without stating the lawyers letter came from Lorna Skinner at Matrix Partners.

https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/member/lorna-skinner/

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 19th Oct 2016 at 15:42.