PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Russian Equipment
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 16:18
A_Van

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just This Once:
I am very reluctant to support such topics. But the "racist leanings", as you put it, should be rather addressed to the establishments of those Baltic states. They even invented a special term -"non-citizens" - for a good portion of the Russian population who do not speak their local languages (though born there and live for decades). Even some EU human rights activists defined a few tens of constraints in the local laws concerning these minorities.
Can you imagine that e.g. in Belgium the Wallons who do not speak Flemish (or vice versa) would be restricted in human rights? Or Swiss people speaking Italian in the Canton of Ticino?

Also, what factual inaccuracies are there in the post of recceguy? OK, I read about 26% of Russian in Latvia and not 30+, but is it a big difference? In some key areas the proportions differ. E.g. in Riga it's 37%. 20 years ago they were about 45%...

On the main topic now.

SanDiego89: sorry for disappointing you, but the current level of pilot training in Russian AF is really good. Logistics are also not bad. I assume your estimates are based on some 10 year old data.
You are right to a certain extent about mass productions of new models. But it will come.
However, recall the maiden flight of F-22 around 1990 with production started in 2001.