PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737 Take off V speeds versus weight
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 21:22
Hudson

Super Ranger. Sorry I am a bit slow in following your argument for V speeds that do not bear resemblance to the actual BRW. As I said earlier, there is no reference to this policy in the Boeing Flight Planning and Performance Manual, and for the life of me I cannot see what is wrong with using the tabled V speeds in the manual versus the actual weight. It does not matter whether the take off is climb, obstacle or runway limited. From Boeing Document D632A003-KG310: Quote:

Take off speeds. The speeds presented in the take off speeds table as well as FMC computed take off speeds can be used for all performance conditions except where adjustments must be made to V1 for clearway, stopway, brake de-activation, improved climb,contaminated runway situations, unbalanced for brake energy or obstacle clearance with unbalanced V1.
These speeds may be used for weights less than or equal to the performance limiting weight.
Normal take off speeds V1,VR, V2 with anti-skid on are read from the table by entering with take off flap setting, brake release weight and appropriate column. If take offs are scheduled using these simplified speeds in conjunction with airport analyses that include clearway and/or stopway, adjustments to V1 speed are required.

I fail to comprehend the rationale for using V speeds that are manifestly in excess of that required for the actual BRW just because the pilot decides to use full thrust.