PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment > Retention
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 06:35
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Outlaw

With respect, I think you've missed the irony in your own post. The Company behaves shoddily, therefore so can we? Is that it? That would be a more apt analogy of the hypocrisy you quote.

Nobody would disagree with that last sentence of yours. Too bloody right we have far bigger problems. We're probably at the biggest crossroads in this Companies history right now and as has been mentioned previously, an email highlighting correct DFW PA's is laughable amongst the lack of important communication that should be distributed. THAT is an example of having a firm grip of the non essentials, not iPads. Being disinterested and frustrated with your employer should not be an excuse for being unprofessional. However, therein lies the problem. When a workforce is demotivated, they don't vote with their feet initially, they vote through actions. They become disengaged. They do the absolute minimum required to get the job done and no more. When it's my life on that plane and I disappear down the back for 6 hours, I want to be fully confident that the 2 jokers at the sharp end do a little more than the minimum. Don't you?

Save the phones and games for the layover at 3am in the morning when you're wide awake, not when you have the responsibility of 400-500 lives behind you. Don't dismiss those numbers. Just stop and think about that for one minute and the responsibility that's in your hands. I'd expect that behaviour and attitude from a petulant teenager, not from a couple of mature individuals paid well to do a job properly and professionally. It wouldn't inspire me much if I drifted off to sleep in the operating room with the last fading view of the anaesthetist playing angry birds!

If there is anybody on these forums that can't even agree with that basic process, they should not be pilots.....Plane and simple!

Harry

Last edited by harry the cod; 18th Oct 2016 at 08:02.