PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 04:32
Slipspace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by natd
@slipspace - do you have any study tips? I'm in the second week of ground school and the amount of info overload is so crazy haha! I have my first three exams coming up tomorrow, Thursday (equiptment physical) and Friday ( theory).

Thank you
The sheer volume of information you have to take in is quite daunting, but it's definitely not impossible to learn all the content. Remember how many hundreds of JQ crew that are out there at the moment. They all successfully passed all those exams, and if you study hard, pay attention in GS, manage your workload, and pray a little bit too, there's no reason why you should fail any of the exams.

Spare a thought for other airlines where you are learning 4+ different aircraft types in GS, not here where there is just 1 aircraft.

I found that the equipment component to be the hardest, more so the theory not the practical. Make sure you are well versed on the correct preflight checks, operation, and precautions on all equipment to the best of your ability, ESPECIALLY with your 'Super Six'. You may also need to know the locations of the aforementioned as well.

But generally speaking, if your GS instructor has any handouts or homework, do them! Take the time to continually refresh your knowledge of the manuals (use millions of sticky notes), and continually quiz yourself using other members of your GS, and reciprocate to them likewise.