PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 18th Oct 2016, 03:27
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As much as I love STN and I've been visiting the airport and have enjoyed seeng first hand its massive growth since I first went there in 1979 but seriously,

'We want to to be the best airport serving London'

'WE WANT TO' stands out here!

It's like Gatwicks slogan 'Your London Airport',

Every airport can make statements like that but it doesn't much except for promoting the airport.

The only real immediate chance for STN to obtain a full service long haul airline is EK but with them cancelling the planned forth daily flight into LGW due to a fall in demand doesn't look as if they intend on expanding their London airport portfolio anytime soon.

As to a connection from the Hampton by Hilton check in direct to SAT 1 how will that work precisely as a security area and checkpoint would have to be added and I can't see that happening, the plans for the hotel are online and show no such connection.

You do realise that there is a Raddison Blu adjacent to the north of the terminal with business facilities if airlines such as Qatar needed them but regardless of location of both hotels there would never be a direct access from either directly to any of the Satellites be it 1,2 or even 3.

When I was a young spotter it was ridiculous how many rumours existed regarding airlines, airports, routes, etc but even then as now I never take any notice of rumours as I prefer facts and I'm afraid what you stated are just that pure rumours.