PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - When to wear 4 bars or 3 bars.....
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 19:56
Winnie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am in a school situation (S300CB) wearing a "bag" and four stripes (silver) and if we ever get the coveted bigger turbine machine for charter it will be 4 stripes (Gold). We use the stripes to distinguish between the different levels of certification. PPL is one stripe, CPL is 2, IR is 3 and Instructor is 4. thus we have a "professional" outlook. However, since I am the only helicopter guy, I'm the only one alowed to wear the "bag". But I refused to wear a tie in a small helicopter in very bush-like type of operations, since I think this is more unprofessional than anything else (as well as unsafe!).

I have to agree that it looks funny with 19 year old "Captains" stepping out of small airplanes and helicopters, and I'd prefer it to go either by hours or by license held ( I currently hold FAA/CAA-N/TC CPL/H and IR/H and Frozen ATP) with instructor ratings in US and Canada.
IF it was up to me I'd wear my 3 stripes until I got my ATP OR until I got my Captaincy in any company with a large machine