PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST AIRPORT INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2016, 22:04
OltonPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BFS-BHX

I am with EI-BUD on this one it is all very strange and no doubt much more to be made on Med routes June to early September but what do you do with your asset the rest of the time? easyjet seem to have it right at the moment where the third rotation is dropped peak summer and returns early September.

The BFS-BHX is heavily weighted towards the BFS end and demand is high during trade or public shows at the NEC (not yet on its last legs!).

I have tried a compare with Manchester and although very difficult due to so many variables it seems to hold its own not withstanding more fuel fuel would be required on BFS-BHX than MAN.

Generally mid week morning outbound from Manchester seems to have higher fares than the outbound BHX to BFS but the rest of the time BHX is comparable if not higher. For example last Thursday through Sunday BHX showed 5 sell-outs to Manchester's 1 on the same number of flights but of course I don't have any idea what fares they were sold at obtain the full load.

The CAA stats wise, BHX is similar to MAN, BRS and NCL in winter although load factor wise probably 1 or 2% less but of course yields are not known. Next week will be useless to compare any routes as it is the lead up to half-term but opposite to the post on the Luton thread about LTN-CPH, an easyjet tweet to a question raised was responded to and they stated BHX-BFS is ending but I would treat that with caution for the time being.

Pete