PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PRESTWICK
Thread: PRESTWICK
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2016, 13:56
ScotsSLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK weve got down to the usual bull**** spouted by both sides of the argument with most of it based on prejudice and not real facts. The argument around which terminal is better is childish crap - whether you like either terminal is a matter of personal taste. I fly from both airports regularly and to be honest both terminals can be crap or decent dependent on how im feeling at the time and what time I have to spend in them. The underground v natural light argument is bollocks personally. Try Mumbai!

I would like to see the official breakdown as to each of the 'operational units' at PIK to see exactly where the profits / losses are, particularly in relation to exact incomes / costs attributed to the PAX operations and terminal. If anyone has these figures then please PM me because some of the figures being posted on here seem to appear to be plucked out of thin air.

Also in terms of the monies being invested by the Government into PIK my understanding is that they are in the form of a low interest repayable loan, payable when the airfield is sold on to a private concern. Now whether that is an airfield operating company or developers remains to be seen but either way there will be a sizable return for the Government. Now thats a bit different from what the tabloids and certain posts on here seem to claim. But as ever posters' own politics get in the way of the real facts.

As I have said whoever has the exact operating costs of the various business units at PIK if they could PM me with links to the information that would be great. Its about time we got some real facts as opposed to the urine that is posted on here on occasion.