PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - From ground to CFI: Balancing variables to choose the best path
Old 16th Oct 2016, 07:48
moshimoshi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks whoknows,

That isn't a bad idea at all. Common sense and the best of both worlds, mitigates risk on both sides, and gives me the option to continue on in the USA because I should be able to get PPL in under 80 hours.

That will also get me in the air and I can see if I really do enjoy it without saving for three years (not that that would be a bad thing, excess money is never a problem!)

Japanese people love to make things complicated! And expensive! But, you get what you pay for, sometimes. Also, while some parts of Japan are hugely accommodating, others can be very closed to foreigners. So, I'm not sure what the deal is in the long term with regards to careers or instruction. My Japanese is barely passable and not good enough to be instructed in, but I could possibly meet the requirements to operate a radio (Based on this guide: http://www.aopa.jp/Newenglish/Neweng...20rev%202.html)

The next step is to visit the school and see what they offer and make a map to the PPL. This will probably in the new year as I finish up this tax year.

Thanks again!