PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Autumn 2014
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2016, 07:23
Depone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it's quite interesting how the attitude toward RYR has changed over recent years
When compared with 5 years ago, FR is a different airline these days. From my experience, almost all those leaving having done so for basing/family reasons or due to a desire to fly longhaul, rather than the money.

it would seem the FR direct UK contracts seem to have got better thus why people are willing to stay
No, worse. Plenty of threads on this issue elsewhere, which state that the FR take home after maximising own pension contributions averages at about £6k.

Nobody on here seems to know what a Jet2 Captain takes home.

But it's about much more than how much you take home. You might well have an extra few quid in your sky rocket, but you're made to work harder for it.
I know what you're saying, but most Captains would find it very hard to take a pay cut to join Jet2. The difference between flying 700 and 800 hours a year is not great in terms of effort, and where there's an obvious reward in your bank account for the hard work, most would do it happily.

Benefits of Ryanair - roster pattern, apart from that I believe that Jet2 wins on all other counts
Really? Not much difference in term of benefits and less pay. For me, the stable 5/4 is worth at least £20k per annum because of its beneficial effect on family life. So, if working for FR involves a greater take home as well providing that huge inducement, Jet2 is a hard sell for me.