PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Well after 800 hours of TW time I finally bolloxed it up
Old 16th Oct 2016, 05:43
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now I'm totally confused, the symptoms have changed since yesterday, the oil consumption from yesterdays flight has not moved much on the dipstick so perhaps the honing of cylinder number 1 has fixed that problem, but now the rough running has switched from the right mag (bottom plug) to the left mag (top plug) but still on cylinder number one and the engine is running rougher than ever to the point I can no longer clear the roughness on #1 to be able to fly( remember it runs fine at high RPM) Is it possible it is sucking in excess fuel from a fault in the primer line that is only noticeable as a flood at low RPM? Another new thing I noticed is prior to today the engine sounded ok during run up till I switched to the right mag, however now it runs like **** on both mags and the RPM gauge jumps around.

Here is a vid of my run up, the taxi part lasts from about 1 minute in thru to about 3:00 which you may want to skip to get to the run up part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fKr1kQuvk4