PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous gender political correctness in ATSB reports
Old 16th Oct 2016, 04:07
Centaurus

Received 19 Likes on 6 Posts
"the power loss increased" would have had my old English teacher coming at you with a long ruler.
Reminds me of a report in an RAF Air Clues flight safety magazine which I read countless yonks ago. Seems a Vampire (single seat fighter) reported to ATC his engine was vibrating badly and he asked for a GCA (Ground Controlled Approach). He was vectored in IMC to final then transferred to the GCA frequency where the radar controller started to talk him down.

In the event, he crashed well short of the runway but survived. At the Court of Inquiry the ATC controller said he asked the pilot if the heavy vibration was still present during the GCA. The pilot replied the vibration had now ceased.

The ATC told the Court that he assumed from that news that everything was OK and the approach would be normal. He added "the pilot told me the vibration had ceased but he didn't say that was because the engine had actually stopped."