PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Does he Die or Live?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2001, 15:31
Royan

Accidents caused by human errors are the result of chain of events. Analysis of aircraft accidents confirm that at least four of the following signs were present in any one accident:
Ambiguity-Fixation-Departure from SOP-Use of undocumented procedure-Failure to meet Target-No one is flying the aircraft-Violating minimums or limitations-no one is looking out of the window- Miscommunications-Unresolved discrepancies conflicts- Preoccupation or distraction- Confusion.
You departed your field knowing that you couldn’t come back and already filed a departure alternate. So the planning was already done. Now you have a situation that it requires you to land due to a sick passenger that can’t get enough help onboard. You immediately look for the nearest suitable airport to land. I had more than one case during my flights and by taking the right decision I was lucky that I saved all of them. (Identify the problem – Recognize needs-Collect facts- Identify alternatives –Select possible solution and best response-evaluate and implement response.