PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta crew refused to believe black woman was a doctor during emergency
Old 15th Oct 2016, 08:21
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reality check:

In the US, the whining neurotics get press, the person treating the patient does not.

Film at 11.

peekay.. is this all 'according to the person claiming discrimination', or the actual reality of the situation? How does this person know if anyone showed credentials, and I dont see anywhere that the 'victim' said she showed hers.

While asking for a physician onboard the plane, the flight attendant refuses to believe that Ms. Cross, a black woman, is a doctor.

"I raised my hand to grab her attention," Cross wrote. "She said to me, 'Oh no sweetie put your hand down, we are looking for actual physicians or nurses or some type of medical personnel, we don't have time to talk to you.' I tried to inform her that I was a physician but I was continually cut off by condescending remarks."

Cross had to explain again that she was a physician — and even then, she said, the flight attendant asked "to see her credentials" — all while the sick passenger was still in need of help.
Medical liability in the US, and for the airline, and for that matter, being a 'doctor' in the US could mean anything. Cred rules, bs drools.

Tamika Cross FB page.

why ask for credentials?

Last edited by underfire; 15th Oct 2016 at 08:38.