PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta crew refused to believe black woman was a doctor during emergency
Old 15th Oct 2016, 02:06
CityofFlight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I contacted a friend of mine and as expected, they've been instructed to not discuss the case. However, I was able to get him to tell me that during training, they (and probably most other airlines), require FAs to ask for credentials of medically trained pax when a medical emergency is involved. He added that he felt sure, based on the practices of Delta FA & SOPs, that the facts would reveal themselves as appropriate.
I came away from the conversation thinking that it's become easy to use the term racism. And it's a two-way street. It sure has been one sided under the BLM doctrine. Maybe said OB-GYN didn't know protocols and misunderstood the FAs implication that they had a credentialed doctor ready to assess the unconscious pax. Quite possibly no reflection on her skin tone, but on what was required by SOPs, in a timely manner. Am I extrapolating? Yes, you could say that, based on the professionalism I know is required by FAs in major carriers both domestic & int'l. This doctors's description didn't match what I understand the training to be and my friend substantiated that vehemently.
There's my 2 cents. Time will tell. If it happened as described by the doctor, then shame on this Delta FA. And her peers will not support her.