PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at boarding on BA
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 16:57
Scottie Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Notso Fantastic

I don't know which side of the bed you got out of this morning - or maybe your just on your way to it after a long night.

witchdoctor had already said that it was his wife's fault for not checking that her passport was valid. I am sure that we all have made mistakes - like checking the details on our tickets to ensure that the name haas been spelt correctly etc etc.

witchdoctor was obviously very pleased that BA has allowed Mrs Witchdoctor to be carried the following day FOC and has said so.

I am suprised - if being through checked at NCL - that the passport was not checked properly by the agent, since this acceptance would have allowed baggage to be put on the connecting flight. If the domestic flight was on another ticket, then the document was obviously not checked correctly at LGW. Eitherway a fundamental error was made.

I fully accept that the job of checkin and security becomes monotenous however, with the closure of HM Immigration checks at departure, these people become the only means of checking that documents are valid. How much more embarrasing to arrive in a foreign country with an out of date document and be refused entry and then put on the next flight home.

Scottie Dog