PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New ATC Documentary on BBC2
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 16:53
savechip55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How has this thread so quickly turned into a mil vs civ punch up!!
We as Mil ATC are as professional as anybody else, we are all in the game of safety, and are all on the same side!
I for one have been saved a couple of times by the civil planners, and i am sure the feeling is mutual.
I agree that some mil pilots may have busted levels etc, as was stated earlier, have their civil brethren not also fallen foul of this?
Most, even all, mil pilots who are under an ATC service, even if RIS, will stop off or reroute to help out other aircraft, you only have to ask. Calling their airmanship into question is in my opinion a little harsh, they did'nt get their wings out of a christmas cracker.

As far as the NT/NV situation goes, (a/c routing direct from UMBEL) this is a very sensitive subject at present. The civil pilots would probably tell you the same, it is extremely hard work for both pilot and controller, the pilot is sometimes being asked to perform manoeuvres that the Red Arrows would be proud of!! It isnt an ideal situation, but until it is resolved i am afraid (as much as it pains me to say) we will all just have to cope. (as usual)

If i have totally misunderstood any of the above, i apologise, its just the way it read to me.