PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Calling Nick Lappos - Blade Stall
View Single Post
Old 14th Oct 2016, 21:00
[email protected]

Received 631 Likes on 273 Posts
It is assumed that one might acheive an unstalled 20deg of cone for example. That would be wrong, since if the blades are going slowly enough to cone that much then the blades would be going too slowly to make the lift required to cone them that much. So you can't cone a 2deg coned helicopter to 20deg unless it is capable of 10g.

Does THAT make sense? yet?
No, not at all to anyone except you

Canute -
I don't agree that the cause of the Apache crash was entering the wingover too low. It is perfectly possible to exit a wingover higher than you enter, particularly in something like an Apache
what don't you understand about a wingover??? Exiting higher than you enter is a climbing turn. not a wingover!

AnFi - I note with interest that you have stopped engaging with Messrs Lappos, Dixen et al because you know your arguments are weak and not technically accurate - strangely because you are not a test pilot or even vaguely close. You claim to be a flying instructor but refuse to declare your qualifications or experience in the field - I am a flying instructor and regularly declare mine. If you want the credibility your ego clearly demands then why not come clean and let people judge you by your achievements rather than your rhetoric?