PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet training costs: At which point do the politicians say "enough is enough"?
Old 14th Oct 2016, 20:14
momo95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slipstream that was a very rash judgment of me for you to make, I view absolutely no job "below me" ... most certainly not any flying job anyway. I just listed some of the airlines that popped to mind at that point. As far as I'm aware most others only take drips and drops of 5 people here or 8 people there etc and can't be relied on, I mentioned those that came to mind with a strong continuous hiring process.

Maverick Cityjet don't have their cadet scheme open at the moment but they do plan to open it again next year, likewise with Aer Lingus. As a side, did Aer Lingus take any 200hr guys as direct entry? It is my understanding that they can apply but people with only the cpl/ir and 200hrs rarely get anywhere with them.

All in all, I'm quite happy to sit back for the time being and send the odd application off to a cadet scheme that doesn't require me to sell my soul to the devil. I've decided to no longer go through with my easyjet mpl application at least anyway. I'd sooner go the modular route and try ryanair et al than give £125,000 to line the pockets of the ctc fatcats.

Last edited by momo95; 14th Oct 2016 at 22:09.