PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Security at boarding on BA
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 16:25
Notso Fantastic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your wife was flying a domestic sector, then the passport was just used as an identification confirmation at Newcastle. Photo ID is all that is required. Don't you think if people are idiotic enough to set off without a valid passport to the USA then they deserve to forfeit their seat and airfare? Exactly whose 'embarrasment' is it? This really has become a 'hold your hand let us do everything for you- we'll tell you if your passport is out of date' world, hasn't it? Reminds me of that Abbey Nat TV advert: "....because the world's so complicated!" How nice of BA to let her go the following day.

Lefthanddown:<<You are obviously dissapointed that you are wrong on this occasion. My post wasn't to "diss" BA only to highlight the fact that I managed to board a flight with a coupon not for that flight. If you do not believe me then I am more than happy to provide you with an independant (non aviation) witness.>>............I would like to follow this up and report it to our Security section. I would like to take this up as it is obviously of concern if as alleged. Could I have full flight details- no., date, route, and any of the relevant paperwork you still have.