PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin threatens 40% price cut to NZ
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2003, 16:22
Johhny Utah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Pete - where's the threat of the impending SQ/REX/DJ merger that is undoubably going to sort out QF? I'll have to take your word for it re: Virgin being the better devil, as opposed to the AN/SQ/AirNZ devil - unless you're willing to fill us all in on what the plans were for domination of the Australian skies...?

As for DJ needing a break - give it a rest! How many more breaks do they need to 'keep the air fair' - payroll tax exemptions, state & federal government assistance, concessions from the various unions - ?

The average punter on the street doesn't care one bit about the airlines - as many here have previously suggested The real people that are hoping that DJ get some more breaks are the management (&/ stockholders) - the more they can get now, the more money they stand to make when the airline is floated & they can cash in. All at the expanse of the various parties that have bent over backwards to give DJ whatever they requested...

As for self esteem issues - well, I guess you are entitled to your own opinion, albeit wide of the mark - so I won't even start. No bite there sorry...

p.s been to any top level meetings of late that you'd care to tell us about...?

Last edited by Johhny Utah; 8th Aug 2003 at 04:51.