PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Martin Baker to be prosecuted over death of Flt Lt. Sean Cunningham
Old 13th Oct 2016, 19:16
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
SB:-
that was how it was
Not only was but is in my view. The point that tuc and I are making is that how it was has led to 63 deaths in airworthiness related accidents and how it is will go on doing so unless some really radical steps are taken PDQ. The RAF has to confront the elephant in its own room, which is the continuing cover up of illegal orders and illegal actions made by its own Very Senior Officers. Only then can the Nimrod Report be seen as part of that cover up. There was no "Golden Period", quite the contrary there was deliberate sabotage of the UK Military Air Safety system. Once the Nimrod Report is seen as the sham that it is then the MAA, which proclaims Haddon-Cave as its corner stone, can likewise be seen in its true light. Regulation and Investigation is not safe in the MOD's hands and must be wrested free of them and of each other. Then and only then can the long and difficult road to regaining UK Military Airworthiness be started out on.
Anyway, said my bit so that's me done
There was an MOD apologist that was forever saying much the same on the Mull thread, yet he returned time and time again. So stay with the conversation SB. Jaw jaw, and all that...