PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet training costs: At which point do the politicians say "enough is enough"?
Old 13th Oct 2016, 18:31
MaverickPrime

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Momo95, I'm not so sure that it is as clear cut as that, maybe 5 years ago in the depths of the recession I would have agreed.

The Wings Alliance, albeit in the early stages, offers the benefits of the integrated course with the flexibility of the modular course and as time goes on they will more than likely build up more contacts allowing more cadets to be placed in jobs.

You can go modular, do the PPL/ATPL/hour building and then go off to CTC/OAA/FTE for the last bits which will gain you access to their respective 'career services'.

You can go modular and then cut in at the very end and do the CTC AQC course which will, again, will give you access to the CTC 'career service'.

Then you have other outfits like Kura who are 'connected'.

There are more options and routes now that offer a reasonable chance of success at the end and reduce the costs. Even at £60k its too expensive, but I think as aviation training becomes more diverse, competitive and can offer transitions into the airlines; CTC will price themselves out of the market - thank goodness!

I can recall one MPL course, the cadets were dropped midway through by the airline. The school, in the end, managed to place them in the orange outfit. So no guarantees, even with the MPL schemes.

I think its too rash to sign up to one of these £125k wonder schemes.