PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GA pilots of the future...
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2016, 11:58
alex90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Thing,

I think we completely agree on this, but I do feel that the attraction to "heavy metal flying" is a little different to the romanticism of the "general aviation flying" which I think I mentioned. Passion for aviation comes in many forms, some attracted to the military, some to the air transport, some to the air races, some to the bush flying, some to the float flying... etc... It does not mean that one cannot cross-over into the other, but the primary aim may limit one's ambitions in the various fields. A friend of mine is a pilot with the OrangeBuses and cares very little for general aviation at the moment. It is not to say that this may change in the future though! (I've been working on it...)

I am very glad to hear it! It would be such a waste to have general aviation fading to the history books. I try to persuade everyone I know to take it up (without trying to shove it down their throats) in the same way that you do, I take them up give them a feel for the controls, and show them what the possibilities are, take them to France for lunch, or something of the sort.

Maybe it shouldn't just be youngsters that we should target the "take someone up" challenge - maybe we should try to impart some of our passion to anyone!