PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Recruitment > Retention
View Single Post
Old 13th Oct 2016, 11:28
Falck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is how it is I fear.

Think about it? Any airline I guess. If you are young, eager, flexible, no big mouth, not sick all the time, strong to do 90+ hours month after month. Untill you have enough. No payrise or anything to keep you. Why should the airline reward an old inflexible,complaining big mouth, allways sick drained pilot?

You as a cost unit payed out to the company.

You leave. New fresh eager, flexible,fit young pilots will do it again.

Your loyalty and knowledge and experience is not what matters in this automated flying world it seems. It is all about money to keep the show going.

New contracts in new bases in EU Loco world. no loyalty or growth pay. A 26 year old Capt will earn the same as a 64 year old Capt. If you are young great, fly to the max untill you have enough. That is 39 years remaining as a 26 year old Capt on the very same type aircraft doing the same destinations everyday 900 hours per year. These young pilots will hit a wall when they are getting 40 or so. Then what? They are grummpy, not flexible, big mouth, sick and want to leave etc etc etc. That is exact what the company wants. New fresh ones lined up.

That is how I see it, sorry

Falck