PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aviation and obesity
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 23:50
Loose rivets
Psychophysiological entity

Location: Tweet Rob_Benham Famous author. Well, slightly famous.
Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts
This walking thing. A PPRuNer pal used to swing by my seaside flat and we'd go for a walk. One day, he said he'd be a while and was not quite sure of his ETA. I asked where he was. "That's about ten miles away!" says I. He's going to have walked about 25 miles before he gets to mine . . . to go for a walk. Funny thing is, at 16stone he's no lightweight.

I noticed he'd pace up an down outside rather than come in and rest as I got me kit on. Now I know why. After dinner I set out on a walk that takes me at least once, up the cliffs by steps or slope. Sometimes I do the 70' climb three times. Any delay, and I'm champing at the bit.

Tonight, I opened the door and it'd started peeing down with cold rain. I just could not bear the thought of not doing the walk and drove to the beach. It bought back memories of me and me mum walking back from the pictures. We'd sometimes get splashed by waves coming right over the road. It made the fish and chips a bit soggy sometimes. Anyway, it's not simply the timing, there's something more. Some kind of energy burst that needs to come out at that time. The routine seems vital to losing weight. A gym session, a walk, tennis, it doesn't matter, the mind and body gets programmed to desire it on time. For the fist time in years walking in lashing rain felt good.

I'm now down over 40lbs and I fear it's not going to make me pull. Lovely lady at the shops gave me a very uncomfortable look I'd seen a lot this last few weeks and then said, I think you've probably dieted enough now. Yep, one's head looks like something that's been preserved in a peat bog. I know, I've said it before, but I haven't had an oval face for 65 years and being in disguise is fun.