PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2016, 19:24
SATCOS WHIPPING BOY

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts
Like most people I saw the Aviatrix movie and was in awe of the achievement. I really did think it was her doing all the work whilst been followed by a film crew. This sort of thing happens a lot on TV, I even overlooked the shots that clearly showed two in the aircraft (although in hindsight these shots are very rare due to careful editing) due to the narration and the fantastic scenery..

I was then made aware of this thread and others that were casting doubt into the validity of the claims.
The more I read the more I realised how easily I had been mislead, misdirected and misinformed by that film and all that surrounded the promotion of the flights.

Scratch off the veneer and it starts to unravel, I did my own digging as I like to know the truth, especially when I am told I have been taken as a mug, and I started to see that not only was there deception, but it was also getting rave reviews and personal reward.

I then looked into her background and things just didn't add up with licences, jobs and careers. The final straw for me was the initial belief that the wings she wears are FAA brevet and I took that as an insult. The fact that they are RAF ones does not justify her wearing them and demeans every man and woman that has slogged to earn the right to wear theirs. In my mind I was looking at a classic Walt - but worse still - one that has earned continued adulation and no doubt financial gain from it all.

Surely HCAP can do the same as I did, it's not as if they haven't had time to verify or disprove what has been said. I think those in a precarious position know that something is not right; why else would citations be reworded or awards given, be up for discussion by the very people that issued them?

Last edited by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY; 12th Oct 2016 at 21:05.